Friday, September 18, 2015

Pretty Things

We had a few hours yesterday (September 17) to get out and wander around the city a bit. Two days ago the Old City was off limits, and yesterday most of it was open, just a couple places were off limits including the Temple Mount and Lion's Gate. I went with four other girls, so we did some SHOPPING. But the kind of shopping where we didn't actually buy anything.

So when we go out, we always have to be in groups of THREE. Our security is VERY HIGH here, they take very good care of us and it feels like each of the security guards personally care about us as if they're our dads. When we were leaving, the 5 of us got out the bottom gate of the school, and I realized my ID card wasn't on my lanyard so I couldn't beep out of the gate. Kassi and I ran back up to the back door of the school, and I guess there is a camera at that door? All of a sudden this big voice came on and was like, "Why are there only two of you?? What are you names?" And we explained...by the time I had my card and we went back down to the bottom gate there was a security guard down there making sure the other girls were there and waiting for us. Pretty secure here!!

There are pillow covers, wall hangings, table runners (woven as well as stitched shown), widow's mite necklace pendants, other jewelry, spices, etc.


  











1 comment: