Tuesday, September 29, 2015

24 September - Ephesus & Priene

Oh my gosh Ephesus has been on my list for so long too!!  Unfortunately, we couldn't go until 1:00 because it is a holiday (Hajj), everything wasn't open in the morning. We got to sleep in and go out to the beach at our hotel for a little bit, then we had lunch, then we got to the ancient city of Ephesus. It is beautiful! It was super hot and crowded with people, though.



 Oh ok this photo (above) is from the steps of the library facing all the tourists taking photos. I kind of got in a weird annoyed mood here because it felt as if nobody was looking with there eyeballs and only with their cameras!! They'd just snap a photo then walk past without even soaking it in!! I know I am guilty of being sure to document everything I see and do, but really!! So Blake and I started posing on the steps for all their photos haha!! People were asking, "wait who is taking the pic!?" And I said, "All of them are taking our pic!!" So We just kept posing for everyone's dumb photos out there. It was funny funny.
You might recognize this photo from the back of your Bible haha.

Next stop was at Priene which was beautiful.  It was on top of a mountain (surprise), and there were tons of thick pine trees shading the area! The ruins were so huge and beautiful. We didn't have time to see all of it, but we had a little lesson inside this small meeting area, and then I ran up to the ruins in from to this mountain face when the sun was setting on them perfectly. How cool is it that the remaining portions of ruins always seem to be so purposeful and beautiful? These four columns are perfect!!




No comments:

Post a Comment