Sunday, September 6, 2015

Jerusalem!

This morning we headed out to the city!! Today is Sunday, our "free day", so we had breakfast at 8 and took packed lunches out. I was a bit nervous about my foot...but ended up staying out and feeling ok until 3pm. We saw so much!!! We started with the going through the Old City to the Dome of the Rock. It was built in 691 AD. That's one OLD BUILDING.
























Those boys are my two new friends, they are both named Blake J. and they are both from Seattle.

Next, we wandered around the Old City. Slick cobblestones and LOTS of merchants. I want to buy that embroidered dress. I forgot any money today though ... so that was maybe a good thing. We ate our packed sandwiches against a wall on the ground, and then explored even more.








We headed into West Jerusalem. It has a bit more of a modern European feel, still a lot of shops, but this would be considered the "Jewish" half, so it has a different feel from the "Arab" half.

Blake, Clayton, Madeleine, Blake







Madeleine, Clayton, Anne Marie, Blake, Blake, Celeste, Claire, Jezzica, Sarah

I have never sweat so much in a single weekend. Immediate ice cold showers, then a couple hours of homework. And oh yeah, could I look any more like a tourist???




4 comments:

  1. Such a cute tourist. Love this! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you. We love the excellent photos you take. We love your friends already too! Thanks for sharing your days with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going there this fall and finding your blog has been the most helpful thing of all. THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, currently laughing out loud because my mom showed me this wedding announcement today because she thought I would like the letter press (I did) and it was yours hahaha. My dad (Briggs Horman) served a mission in South Africa with your mom apparently. Small world. Congrats btw!

    ReplyDelete