Saturday, September 5, 2015

Sabbath

Today, Saturday, is Sabbath! We had Sacrament meeting in the auditorium here with the most distracting view ever. We almost needed sunglasses to look at the speaker. It was really cool to see visitors from all over the world (their German accents made me crazy). There are only a few members in this branch that actually live here.



After church we got our security cards finally! So we could FINALLY LEAVE THE BUILDING!!!! Everybody just LEFT. We didn't know where we were going. At least my group didn't. How did we leave without realizing that nobody knew where we were going??



Palestinian kids looking at Mormon kids looking at Palestinian kids




These houses and buildings were on the way. Some school was getting out so we ran into all these children. We went down a dirt road I don't think we were supposed to go on...and ended up in this field with some headstones and barbed wire...so we turned around and walked back and saw NOTHING! The other groups saw the Garden of Gethsemane and some other things. But oh well. My foot really hurt.



We had dinner and naps and homework and then watched the sun go down over the city. This is my lovely roommate Madeleine. Notice my poor foot (I get asked like 5 times a day what happened to it).






No comments:

Post a Comment