Friday, November 27, 2015

14 November - Holland

We were so lucky this weekend to have a special guest staying with us at the center! Elder Holland got here on Thursday night, and then spoke at our district conference Sunday. We had the separate men's/women's meetings, where he gave a 10 minute greeting to each group (including the primary group). Then we had lunch with the district, then we had a two hour meeting where he spoke to us for 45 entire minutes!!!

- I may add more notes on what he spoke on later....for now I'm just trying to catch up this freaking blog with photos at least...

Anyways, after the meeting we were all waiting to talk to him/shake his hand and never got the chance (we let the district members go up first, and then he left before we had the chance). We went out onto the 7th floor patio to watch the sun go down, and the Hollands and Lawrences and McMillans were taking official photos. I took some photos of students on the other side of the patio, then got up my courage and crossed over to the adults and tried to sneak a photo of Elder and Sister Holland! LUCKY ME, he walked right up to me and shook my hand, he told me I was the cutest girl in the world, then I asked if I could take a photo of him. WOOOOOO! Mission accomplished.

At dinner, Dr. Whitchurch announced to us that Elder Holland decided to have a student-only devotional tonight. From 7-8 we had a casual Q&A session with these amazing men and their wives. More notes on what we talked about later.












1 comment: