Friday, October 9, 2015

Check Check

We went out to West Jerusalem for a few hours - Jezzica, Kassi and I. We aren't allowed in the Old city. We aren't allowed in East Jerusalem (we live in East Jerusalem). We aren't allowed on the Mt. of Olives (we live on the Mt. of Olives...) so we took a taxi far away, and then caught one on the way back! (Who knew that was so hard to catch a taxi in Jerusalem?? not us).  We checked some things off our Chadwick list. We saw a bunch of things:

Mehane Yehuda Market
Ben Yehuda St
Jaffa Road
Zion Square
City Hall
The Great Synagogue
The Old Knesset (Parliament) Building
Safra Square

At the Mehane Market I went back to this artists' ceramic shop and got a couple things, I also bought some granola...good day.  I loved the City Hall with the blue shutters and modern architecture--the Great Synagogue was also pretty modern and had an art exhibit inside I want to go back to.  The pillows in the square are made of concrete!!! They are an artist's installation. So interesting...haha I miss the art world.
 

We walked past the American Consulate and I took a picture from across the street and within a minute a security guard crossed the street and caught up to me and had me delete the photo. I didn't know we weren't supposed to take photos of it!!
 
 
 

And back to the Jerusalem Center safe and sound. This is the view from the floor our cafeteria is on....actually this is the view out every single window in our building. But everyone's backpacks are on the floor because it was dinner time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment